Nick Ozanne | Handwoven Textiles
I am a handweaver working on traditional woodframed looms creating fabrics which are meant to be used; to be worn, handled and feel comfortable against the skin. I use only natural fibres that work with the body to provide warmth and tactile reassurance.
I originally trained at the Winchester School of Art and graduated with a degree in Textiles/Fashion. After graduation I moved to London and worked in Sales and Marketing before establishing my studio label ‘Leto & Ariadne’ in 2009. I relocated to the Cotswolds the following year and now weave from an old mill in the Stroud valleys.
All work is done by hand, from the initial winding of the warp, through to the hand finishing. Combining classic style with bold colours, my scarves were described by an article in Selvedge Magazine as allowing the wearer to ‘reconnect with a lost sense of Englishness’.
Leto & Ariadne, 16A Stafford Mill, London Road, Thrupp, Glos
Tel: 01453 751886
- The Selvedge Award for Textile Excellence, April 2013
- Madebyhandonline New Business Award, December 2012
- Selected Awards – Silver, Craft & Design Magazine, April 2012
- The Balvenie Masters of Crafts Awards (Finalist), June 2012
- Best Newcomer Award at the British Craft Trade Fair (Highly Commended) Craft & Design Magazine, April 2012
- Gieves & Hawke, November 2009
- A/W 2010 Collection
- Collection of handwoven silk scarves. Shown on the catwalk during fashion week